Many ancient peoples used this amazing algae for healing and strengthening the body, and it seems that spirulina is the secret weapon of the best tennis player in the world.
This powerful algae is a rich source of beta carotene, protein, and even 18 amino acids and vitamins A, B, C, E and D.
Although it seems incredible, but spirulina contains more protein than meat, and therefore it is an ideal option for vegetarians.
Many studies have shown a strong influence of spirulina on human health, especially in strengthening the immune system, accelerate metabolism, lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar and blood pressure.
“My body is exposed to various challenges throughout the day – mental, physical, frequently changing environment. It is important to help it to handle it in the best way. So I start every day preparing a meal that is rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants … Spirulina is a very important element in my diet, “ says Novak Djokovic .
Spirulina is due to the many benefits called “green blood”, and in addition to purifying the body, while increasing energy, working motivation, improves memory and reduces stress, anxiety and depression.
- Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- Spirulina contains Omega 3-,6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s.
- Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
- Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation.
- Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk, making it excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy.
- Some research has suggested that Spirulina may be helpful for those with allergies and allergic reactions.