Lucky bamboo is a favorite houseplant to give to someone to say “good luck!” It could be just before a test, for a grand opening, or just for fun. These little shoots make fantastic companions because they are so tolerant and easy to care for.
Use various numbers of bamboo to cause different types of effects. Here are a few popular groupings:
- 1 Stalk – simplicity, meaningful life
- 2 Stalks – best for luck in love and marriage
- 3 Stalks – happiness (Most popular)
- 4 Stalks – almost never given. (Four could draw negative energy, according to Chinese culture)
- 5 Stalks – academic achievement, creativity
- 7 Stalks – health
- 8 Stalks – luck in wealth
- 9 Stalks – good fortune and over all luck
- 10 Stalks – completion or perfection
- 21 Stalks – all-purpose blessing
According to the ancient art of Feng Shui, the bamboo itself is supposedly filled with peaceful and wise energy. The best way to ensure your bamboo is a lucky Feng Shui cure, is to make sure all 5 elements of Feng Shui are represented:
- Wood – the stalks of the bamboo
- Earth – the rocks or pebbles inside the container (best in shades of brown)
- Water – where the bamboo grows
- Fire – containers and stalks are tied with red ribbon or other adornment (this is thought to enhance the stalks)
- Metal – a glass container is considered to be of the metal element. If glass is not used, a coin can often be found on the bottom of the container.
Lucky bamboo has been a go-to businesses in China for centuries. Lucky bamboo signifies good business deals; it is often given as a gift between two businesses. It makes a great gift for open houses, grand openings, award or achievement ceremonies and other auspicious occasions.
Get Well Soon Gifts
Lucky bamboo is also given to people who are sick or depressed to help them through the recovery process.
Wedding & Housewarming Gifts
A wedding is also a good time to give lucky bamboo. It’s a great way to wish someone a long, prosperous and luck-filled life.
Where to find Lucky Bamboo
If you’re looking to bring lucky bamboo into your home, or send it to someone who needs a little luck, simply contact your local florist. Many florists around the country also sell houseplants, including lucky bamboo, at their flower shops. It’s a great place to start! Just remember, always go local when using a florist.