This Swedish low carb diet is based on decreased intake of carbohydrates and increased intake of fats and proteins. With this diet you have to forget about the calories you take and you must stick to the rules.
Swedish diet raise HDL good cholesterol and have no effect on LDL levels. Low carb high fat Swedish diet will lower blood sugar levels and triglyceride (VLDL) levels, which means that insulin resistance will be reduced the main cause of diabetes. Just stick to the rules of this healthy diet and watch you fat burn.
This Swedish diet is based on a three food groups:
- Meat ( All kind of meat but not processed )
- Fish and shrimps
- Vegetables such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, peppers
- Dairy products, with a high percentage of fat like yogurt, butter, sour cream, cream, cheese
- Nuts ( all kinds )
Foods you should consume occasionally:
- Beetroot, carrot, turnip and celery
- Instead of a dessert take one fruit a day (raspberries are especially recommended)
- Twice a week dark chocolate with cocoa content more than 70% of cocoa
Foods that are not allowed to be consumed
- Sugar, store-bought juices, soda drinks, pasta, cookies, cakes, ice-cream, Muesli and artificial sweeteners
- Grains and starch (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, chips, pastes)
- Margarine and refined oils
- Alcohol, especially beer
This Swedish low carb diet includes drinking lots of green tea which promote the weight loss.
It is very simple and does not overburden the human organism. Especially is recommended for those who want to lose a few pounds without starving themselves or eliminating fats from their diet.