September 24th, 8:11pm September 24th, 8:11pm daniel
Coconut oil is one of the most popular products and it is used in a variety of beauty procedures. Namely, it’s used for the preparation of homemade body creams, sunscreens, hair products, etc. For decades now, women from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Burma, etc. have been using coconut oil for hair maintenance.
Without doubt, coconut oil is highly beneficial for both the skin and the hair. Besides topical application, you can also benefit from consumption of coconut oil on a regular basis. These are some of the best advantages of coconut oil as a natural hair care product:
- Prevents hair loss-coconut oil is rich in healthy fats so it has the power to nourish the scalp and hair, fight off infections, and lower inflammations. You just need to mix 2 tbsp of sage oil and 3 tbsp of coconut oil and then cook the mixture on low heat for couple of minutes. Then remove the content from the heat and leave it to cool down a bit. Next, before going to bed, apply the mixture onto your hair and put on a shower cap. Rinse the hair in the morning.
- Treats hair damage-coconut oil was the only oil found to decrease loss of proteins and to strengthen the shaft. Coconut oil is an excellent home remedy for spilt ends.
- Smoothens the hair-since coconut oil is a hydrophobic ingredient, it repels water and thus holds moisture within the hair shaft. Therefore, if you have a fizzy hair, apply coconut oil onto the hair 10 minutes before washing it.
- Treats dandruff-dandruff is a chronic scalp condition characterized by flaky scalp skin. The most common reason for dandruff is dry skin of fungal infection. If you have this problem, you should try coconut oil, as this amazing product successfully fights off fungus and hydrates the skin. You need to mix equal amount of coconut and castor oil and then apply the mixture onto the scalp by massaging it gently. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse the hair as usually.
- Eliminates lice-coconut oil suffocates the lice and thus prevents their spread. If your child has caught lice, but you don’t want to use chemical products, coconut oil will be of great help. Apply it evenly onto the whole hair and leave it for few hours. Afterwards, as the oil gets absorbed, massage more oil and leave it for couple of hours. Then rinse off the hair. Repeat the procedure until the lice reduce and completely disappear.
- Prevents graying-the pigment cells located at the base of each hair follicle are responsible for the hair color, and as people age, these cells die off and their efficiency reduces. However, coconut oil can prevent premature graying by nourishing the scalp and protecting the hair follicles. You just need to massage your hair with coconut oil and lemon juice mixture for 15 minutes on a daily basis.