Adequate water intake is essential for your body to function properly, and not drinking enough leads to dehydration, which can have serious health consequences. Here’s what happens to your body if you do not hydrate regularly:
- Health problems: Lack of fluids in the body is increase option for getting stones in the kidney, cancer of the large intestine, as well as a heart attack.
- Slowing metabolism: Scientists found that human metabolism starts to work slower when the body is sufficiently hydrated.
- Lack of fluids reflects negatively on concentration: Studies that scientists have been found, the brains of dehydrated person shrinks. Best example is shown with teens. When would solve a specific task, compared to teens who drank enough water, dehydrated students had much more difficult and longer to think.
- You will look tired: Deficiency of water in the body negatively reflective on the face skin of the person, affects to appear wrinkles on the skin and lose the natural elasticity.
- Effect on mood: When you don’t drink enough water you are prone to expresion angry, pressure and depression.
A common recommendation is to drink six or eight 8-ounce glasses of water or other fluid every day. But some adults may need more or less, depending on how healthy they are, how much they exercise, and how hot and dry the climate is.