Each gram of fat from pig contain nine calories- as much as a gram of any kind of vegetable oil.
Benefits of lard:
1. Lard contains 40% saturated tables most of which is oleic acid – a healthy fatty acid that improves heart function and reduces levels of bad cholesterol in the blood.
2. Lard has twice oleic acid than in sunflower oil.
3. There is a high point of burning or structure changes over 250 degrees, which makes it great for cooking. Of course, you should keep in mind that is not recommended eating large amounts of fried foods.
4. Greasiness that found in the fat needed for normal daily functioning of the human organism, but in smaller amounts than are consumed earlier.
5. The ointment is calorific, but keeps you fuller for longer. The advantage is that fat from lard assist in the absorption of vitamins. It contains substances that affected the UV radiation is converted into vitamin D.